Friday 25 April 2014

Food phase of the moment.. turkey?

When I think of turkey, I instantly think of the giant bird that has been cooked to perfection for the Christmas roast. So when Dima decided last week to buy some turkey breasts I was all like 'is this a cheap version of chicken yo' but it was actually really ridiculously good. Then I found out a turkey breast has 90 calories with 10 from fat (as opposed to chicken which is 165 with 35 from fat) - low carb and low fat!

 

Generally I have been making the above - a mix of rocket, cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn, avocado, turkey and a spritz of lime = so good! You won't even realise it's salad ;) 


Or another really good way of eating it is with a poached egg (and avocado on the side, because avocado is just awesome.)

How I make it is just:
- spray a little low calorie oil into a pan, let it get nice and hot
- throw some seasoning over the turkey breast and pop it in the pan. Cook for 3 minutes per side until it's no longer pink in the middle - careful not to overcook! 
- take off and eat away!

Poached egg is easy: just boil up some water in a frying pan and crack your egg in. Leave it to cook for 3 minutes then take out and eat! :)  My kind of food - ridiculously easy, fast and good! 

I have also got really into snacking on frozen fruit lately...


At 30 calories per two handfuls of frozen berries, you can afford to eat as much as you want! I also freeze grapes and chopped bananas in a food-bag, they taste like sorbet/ice cream and in great bitesize pieces to keep you going throughout the day! Also if you blend them all up with a bit of milk you are left with 'ice cream' :) 


I leave you with an awesome piece of work by David Chihuly.

Chiluly glass ceiling in the Bellagio hotel.

Exams finish in 11 days! Literally never been more excited!  




No comments:

Post a Comment