Tuesday 20 May 2014

Cronuts in the park

This week has been super busy again with work and castings, but I had a random day off mid week and it was luckily sunny! I grabbed my friends and we made the most of it. 

First up was a trip to Buckingham Palace, a place I had never been before! It was a liiittle bit underwhelming (I sort of had in mind tea and scones with the Queen) but we saw the impressive changing of the guards. After this exhausting tourism work, we rewarded ourselves with some incredible doughnuts. 



Dum Dum Doughnuts have luckily opened up a doughnutterie in Harrods food hall - their shop in Shoreditch BoxPark is sold out daily by the afternoon so this is great news! These doughnuts... are amazing. They are literally the best I have ever eaten, and I'm not even much of a doughnut fan. They bake them instead of fry so you can sort of kid yourself they are 'healthy(ier)' for you than say.. a fried doughnut? Even in the midst of my super healthy eating, I would give it up at any point for one of these. 


The 'Zebra' cronut. I had this for the first time a couple of weeks ago with Dima and I haven't really been able to stop thinking about it since. It is just INCREDIBLE - layers of croissant and doughnut inbetween chocolate buttercream arghhhh so good. It is definitely a must try if you are in London, the other cronuts I've tried have been distinctly lacklustre after all of the hype but this exceeds it. It is also around £4 which is pretty good value for something so fab yet generally overpriced. 


We found ourselves in Hyde Park munching away happily and enjoying the sun. 





Nicola also got a creme brulee doughnut which was amazing - she actually preferred this to the cronut which is saying something. 





working off the doughnuts!



If you are still doing exams, don't worry they will be over sooner than soon! It's already mid-May, I can't wait for everyone to be freee so they can come out and play :)


 


















No comments:

Post a Comment