Sunday 22 February 2015

Valentines in Barcelona

This year I had the bestest Valentines Day ever. Not only was I lucky enough to be in beautiful Barcelona with my wonderful boyfriend Dima, we also decided to hire a vespa for the day to zip around the city! 

It was definitely one of the most romantic things I have ever done - there was no feeling like relaxing on the back of the vespa, with the wind in your hair, just taking in the beauty and sights of Barcelona. Dima did all of the hard work of navigating round, and I spotted places that looked cool to stop in! 


First stop was Park Guell - another Gaudi masterpiece - which I absolutely loved. 






A very instagram-worthy place! Then we hopped back onto our vespa and scooted up the tibidabo mountain which had breathtaking views. When you're in the city, you can usually see the mountains with beautiful princess castles far in the distance, very disney-esque! 



We spent the rest of the day zipping around the different places on our GPS guide, just taking in the beauty around us. I made the best discovery of the trip though. Something about this place was calling me to stop the bike and go explore.. 


So off we got, and picked up some food in the Sarri district, until we came across it. The thing I often dream about and spend a large chunk of my life searching for, the perfect hot chocolate. 



This hot chocolate epitomises hot chocolate. It was like a soup-bowl of hot, creamy nutella which you literally had to scoop out with a spoon it was that thick. It was in L'obrador - if you go to Barcelona make sure you go there. Best thing I have ever had. 

Here are a few more pics from our exploring.. 

What is Valentines without roses?







It was such a beautiful, amazing day with such an incredible boy. It is our fifth Valentine's day together - time flies so fast! 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment